Basic skill of public speaking:
1. Always start by telling people what you are going to tell them.
2. Tell them.
3. Tell them what you have told them.
Second skill of public speaking:
1. Write down any story or fact or example that resonates with you.
2. Practice telling it out loud. Listen to yourself actually saying the words.
3. These stories will become your “beads,” as in the beads of a necklace.
4. All you have to do when giving a speech is string your beads in the appropriate order, and you will give a speech that seems as natural as conversation
5. Use 3-by-5 cards or a clipping file to keep adding new beads to your string.
~copied from somewhere...creadit to the original author...